Fidget spinners are a bunch of fun, and the only thing better than playing with one is learning how to make a spinner yourself! This easy to follow crafting project from Karina Garcia’s Must-Try DIYs will teach you everything you need to make your own spinner at home. After you’ve made and played with your fidget spinner, you can repurpose it as a Halloween costume with this creepy prank!
What You Need:
- Fidget Spinner template (provided in the book)
- Construction paper
- Plastic coffee stirrer
- PVA glue
- Chenille stem (optional)
- Superglue (optional)
*You’ll need an adult to help you with this project.
1. Use the fidget spinner template as the base of this spinner! Pierce the center of the fidget spinner with a toothpick. Remove toothpick from the fidget spinner and insert the coffee stirrer. You want the fidget spinner to be loose on the stirrer so that it spins easily.
2. Trace a penny onto construction paper 4 times. Cut out the circles and pierce each one carefully in the center with a pen.
3. Slide paper circles onto either side of the coffee stirrer, but make sure to leave a tiny amount of space so the spinner can still spin. Keep the paper in place by dabbing a small dot of PVA glue at the center of the paper and onto the coffee stirrer. Let dry.
4. Now cut off the excess coffee stirrer with scissors. Cut as close to the paper as possible.
5. Almost done! Glue the remaining 2 paper circles to the existing paper circles. Let dry. Now you won’t poke your fingers as you spin.
6. Optional! Do the edges of your fidget spinner look rough? Wrap a chenille stem around the edges and fix in place with superglue. Adorable!
For more cool DIY recipes, check out Karina Garcia’s Must-Try DIYs!